Best Easy Guacamole Recipe No Lime
Guacamole is a popular Mexican dip made from avocados, and it’s loved by many for its creamy texture and refreshing flavors. While lime is traditionally used to add a tangy kick to guacamole, there are times when you might not have it on hand or simply prefer a lime-free version. If that’s the case, here’s the best easy guacamole recipe without lime that you can whip up in no time!
– 2 ripe avocados
– 1 small red onion, finely diced
– 1 small tomato, finely diced
– 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork until creamy but still slightly chunky.
2. Add the diced red onion, tomato, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, minced garlic, salt, and cumin to the bowl. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
3. Taste the guacamole and adjust the seasonings if needed. You can add more salt, cilantro, or jalapeño pepper according to your preference.
4. Serve the guacamole immediately or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
1. Can I use lime juice instead of fresh lime in guacamole?
Yes, you can substitute fresh lime juice with bottled lime juice if you don’t have fresh limes available.
2. Can I omit the cilantro?
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you can omit it or replace it with fresh parsley for a different flavor.
3. How long does guacamole last in the fridge?
Guacamole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
4. Can I add other ingredients to the guacamole?
Absolutely! You can customize your guacamole by adding ingredients like diced mango, corn, or black beans for extra flavor and texture.
5. Can I make guacamole ahead of time?
Yes, you can make guacamole ahead of time, but make sure to store it properly in the fridge and cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent browning.
6. Can I use frozen avocados for guacamole?
While fresh avocados are preferred, you can use thawed frozen avocados if fresh ones aren’t available.
7. Can I make guacamole without any spicy ingredients?
Yes, if you prefer a mild guacamole, you can omit the jalapeño pepper and use diced bell peppers instead.
8. Can I use a blender to make guacamole?
Using a blender can result in a smoother consistency, but be careful not to overblend, as the guacamole can become too runny.
9. Can I use red tomatoes instead of green tomatoes?
Yes, red tomatoes are a great substitute for green tomatoes in guacamole.
10. Can I freeze guacamole?
While it’s possible to freeze guacamole, the texture may change slightly, so it’s best enjoyed fresh.
11. Can I use this recipe for a larger batch of guacamole?
Certainly! Simply adjust the quantities of the ingredients according to the number of servings you desire.
In conclusion, this easy guacamole recipe without lime is a versatile and delicious dip that can be enjoyed with tortilla chips, tacos, or as a condiment for various dishes. Customize it to suit your taste preferences and enjoy the creamy goodness of homemade guacamole!