Best Easy Halibut With Mango Salsa Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy seafood dish that is quick and easy to prepare, then this Halibut with Mango Salsa recipe is just what you need. The combination of tender halibut fillets and the refreshing flavors of mango salsa will leave your taste buds wanting more. Here’s how to make it:
– 4 halibut fillets
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
– 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
– 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat your grill or skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season both sides of the halibut fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the fillets and rub it in gently.
4. Place the halibut fillets on the grill or skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
5. While the halibut is cooking, prepare the mango salsa by combining the diced mango, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl. Mix well.
6. Once the halibut is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
7. Serve the halibut fillets with a generous spoonful of mango salsa on top.
This Halibut with Mango Salsa recipe is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Halibut is a great source of lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids, while the mango salsa adds a burst of vitamins and antioxidants. It’s a perfect dish for those who are trying to eat healthily without compromising on taste.
1. Can I use frozen halibut fillets?
Yes, you can use frozen halibut fillets for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely before cooking.
2. Can I substitute the halibut with another type of fish?
Yes, you can use other firm white fish like cod or grouper if you can’t find halibut.
3. How spicy is the mango salsa?
The spiciness of the mango salsa can be adjusted according to your preference. Add more or less jalapeno pepper depending on how spicy you like it.
4. Can I make the mango salsa ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the mango salsa a few hours ahead of time and refrigerate it until serving.
5. Can I use canned mango instead of fresh?
Fresh mango is recommended for the best flavor and texture, but you can use canned mango if fresh is not available.
6. Can I grill the halibut instead of pan-searing it?
Absolutely! Grilling the halibut will give it a delicious smoky flavor.
7. Can I use other fruits in the salsa?
Yes, you can experiment with different fruits like pineapple or papaya for a variation in flavors.
8. Can I add avocado to the salsa?
Yes, adding diced avocado to the mango salsa will give it a creamy texture.
9. Can I serve this dish with rice or quinoa?
Yes, serving the halibut with steamed rice or quinoa makes it a complete meal.
10. Can I use dried cilantro instead of fresh?
Fresh cilantro is recommended for the best flavor, but you can use dried cilantro if necessary.
11. How long will the leftovers last?
The leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.