Best Easy High Tea Recipes Nigella
High tea is a delightful British tradition that involves a selection of finger foods, pastries, and, of course, a warm cup of tea. If you are looking to host your own high tea party, Nigella Lawson’s recipes are a great place to start. Known for her simple yet flavorful dishes, Nigella has a range of easy high tea recipes that are sure to impress your guests. Here are a few of the best ones:
1. Cucumber Sandwiches: Classic and refreshing, these sandwiches are made with thinly sliced cucumbers and cream cheese, sandwiched between soft white bread.
2. Mini Quiches: These bite-sized quiches are filled with a delicious combination of eggs, cheese, and various vegetables. They are perfect for a savory addition to your high tea spread.
3. Scones with Jam and Cream: No high tea is complete without scones. Nigella’s recipe produces light and fluffy scones that are perfect when topped with a dollop of clotted cream and your favorite jam.
4. Lemon Drizzle Cake: This tangy and moist cake is a crowd-pleaser. The lemony glaze adds a burst of flavor and makes it a perfect accompaniment to tea.
5. Chocolate Brownies: Rich and fudgy, Nigella’s brownie recipe is always a hit. Cut them into bite-sized pieces for a sweet treat during high tea.
6. Smoked Salmon Pinwheels: These elegant pinwheels are made with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh dill, all wrapped in a soft tortilla. They are easy to make and look impressive on the table.
7. Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes: These adorable sponge cakes are filled with jam and cream, just like the classic Victoria sponge. They are perfect for individual servings.
8. Caramelized Onion Tartlets: These savory tartlets are made with a buttery pastry crust, topped with caramelized onions and tangy goat cheese. They are a delicious addition to any high tea spread.
9. Mini Fruit Tarts: These bite-sized tarts are filled with a vanilla custard and topped with fresh fruits. They are not only visually appealing but also a light and refreshing option.
10. Cheese and Chive Puffs: These savory puffs are made with puff pastry, cheddar cheese, and fresh chives. They are easy to prepare and make a great savory addition to your high tea menu.
11. Mini Chocolate Éclairs: These delicate pastries are filled with a rich chocolate cream and topped with a glossy chocolate glaze. They are a decadent treat that will impress your guests.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I make the sandwiches in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the sandwiches a few hours before serving. Just make sure to cover them tightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
2. Can I freeze the scones?
Yes, you can freeze the scones after baking them. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw them at room temperature before serving.
3. Can I use frozen fruits for the fruit tarts?
Yes, you can use frozen fruits for the fruit tarts. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using.
4. Can I substitute the goat cheese in the tartlets?
Yes, you can substitute the goat cheese with feta or any other cheese of your choice.
5. Can I use store-bought puff pastry for the cheese and chive puffs?
Yes, you can use store-bought puff pastry for convenience. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging for baking.
6. Can I make the lemon drizzle cake in advance?
Yes, you can make the lemon drizzle cake a day in advance. Keep it covered at room temperature until serving.
7. Can I use a different type of fish for the pinwheels?
Yes, you can use other smoked fish like trout or mackerel instead of salmon.
8. Can I substitute the cream cheese in the pinwheels?
Yes, you can substitute the cream cheese with a different spread like hummus or ricotta.
9. Can I make the chocolate éclairs without the glaze?
Yes, you can omit the glaze if you prefer. The éclairs will still taste delicious.
10. Can I make the mini Victoria sponge cakes gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour to make them gluten-free.
11. Can I serve the high tea recipes with other beverages besides tea?
Absolutely! While traditional high tea is served with tea, you can offer other beverages like coffee, iced tea, or even champagne to cater to your guests’ preferences.
With these easy and delicious high tea recipes from Nigella Lawson, you can host a memorable high tea party that your guests will cherish.