Best Easy Hormel Little Sizzlers Copycat Recipe
If you’re a fan of breakfast sausages, then you’ve probably heard of Hormel Little Sizzlers. These small, flavorful sausages are perfect for adding a protein-packed punch to your morning meal. But what if you could recreate the taste of these delicious sausages in the comfort of your own kitchen? Look no further! We have the best and easiest Hormel Little Sizzlers copycat recipe that will have you enjoying these tasty sausages whenever you please.
– 1 pound ground pork
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the spices and mix well.
2. Add the ground pork to the bowl and mix thoroughly until all the spices are evenly distributed.
3. Shape the pork mixture into small sausage links, about 3 inches long.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sausage links. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy your homemade Hormel Little Sizzlers!
1. Can I use ground beef instead of ground pork?
– Ground pork is traditionally used in breakfast sausages, but you can experiment with ground beef if you prefer.
2. Can I freeze the sausage links?
– Yes, you can freeze the sausage links for later use. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing.
3. Can I add other spices to the recipe?
– Feel free to customize the spice blend according to your taste preferences. You can add spices like fennel seeds, rosemary, or even maple syrup for a touch of sweetness.
4. Can I cook these sausages on a grill?
– Yes, you can grill the sausages instead of pan-frying them. Just make sure to preheat the grill and cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
5. Are these sausages gluten-free?
– The recipe itself is gluten-free, but make sure to check the labels of the spices you use to ensure they are gluten-free as well.
6. Can I make these sausages ahead of time?
– Yes, you can prepare the sausage links ahead of time and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before cooking.
7. Can I use turkey or chicken instead of pork?
– You can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the pork if you prefer a leaner option.
8. Can I make the sausages spicy?
– If you like a bit of heat, you can increase the amount of crushed red pepper flakes or add hot sauce to the spice blend.
9. Can I use this recipe to make breakfast patties instead of links?
– Absolutely! Just shape the mixture into round patties instead of links and cook them on a skillet or grill.
10. Are these sausages keto-friendly?
– Yes, this recipe is low in carbohydrates and suitable for a keto diet.
11. Can I use pre-ground pork instead of grinding my own?
– If you have access to freshly ground pork, it will provide the best texture. However, you can use pre-ground pork if that’s what you have available.