Best Easy Italian Almond Bars Recipe
Italian desserts are known for their rich flavors and delightful textures, and one such treat that perfectly encapsulates the essence of Italian cuisine is the Italian Almond Bars. These easy-to-make bars are a perfect blend of crunchy almonds and sweet almond extract, making them a heavenly indulgence for any almond lover.
– 2 cups almond flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 teaspoons almond extract
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sugar, softened butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
3. Add eggs to the mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top, pressing them gently into the batter.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting into bars.
These Italian Almond Bars make a delectable dessert on their own, but they can also be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of melted chocolate for an extra touch of decadence. They are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering, a potluck, or a special treat for yourself.
1. Can I use almond meal instead of almond flour?
Yes, you can use almond meal instead of almond flour. Just keep in mind that the texture may be slightly different.
2. Can I substitute butter with margarine?
Yes, you can substitute butter with margarine, but it may affect the flavor and texture of the bars.
3. Can I use almond extract instead of vanilla extract?
Yes, you can use almond extract instead of vanilla extract to enhance the almond flavor.
4. How long do these bars stay fresh?
These bars can stay fresh for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
5. Can I freeze these bars?
Yes, you can freeze these bars for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container.
6. Can I add chocolate chips to the batter?
Absolutely! Adding chocolate chips to the batter will give these bars a delicious chocolatey twist.
7. Can I use almond slivers instead of sliced almonds?
Yes, you can use almond slivers instead of sliced almonds. However, the texture may vary slightly.
8. Can I use a different type of nut flour?
Yes, you can experiment with different nut flours such as hazelnut or cashew flour for a unique twist.
9. Can I use a different type of sugar?
Yes, you can use alternative sweeteners like coconut sugar or maple syrup, but it may affect the taste and texture.
10. Can I add dried fruit to the batter?
Yes, you can add dried fruit like cranberries or raisins to the batter for added flavor and texture.
11. Can I use a different size of baking dish?
Yes, you can use a different size of baking dish, but it may affect the thickness and baking time of the bars. Adjust accordingly.