Best Easy Jalapeno Cream Cheese Taquitos Recipe
If you’re a fan of spicy food and love Mexican cuisine, then this easy jalapeno cream cheese taquitos recipe is perfect for you. These crispy and delicious taquitos are filled with a creamy and zesty jalapeno cream cheese mixture, making them a mouthwatering snack or appetizer. Here’s how to make them:
– 8 flour tortillas
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Oil for frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, jalapenos, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
2. Place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture onto one end of a tortilla and roll it up tightly. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
3. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Carefully place the taquitos seam side down in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
4. Serve the jalapeno cream cheese taquitos hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
1. Can I make these taquitos ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the taquitos ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to fry.
2. Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas?
Yes, you can use corn tortillas for a gluten-free option.
3. Can I bake these taquitos instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake the taquitos in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
4. How can I make these taquitos less spicy?
You can reduce the amount of jalapenos or remove the seeds and membranes for a milder flavor.
5. Can I use other types of cheese?
Yes, you can experiment with different cheeses such as Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or Mexican blend.
6. Can I freeze these taquitos?
Yes, you can freeze the taquitos after frying. Just make sure to cool them completely before placing them in a freezer-safe container.
7. How do I reheat frozen taquitos?
You can reheat frozen taquitos in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
8. Can I add other fillings to these taquitos?
Yes, you can add cooked chicken, beef, or vegetables to the cream cheese mixture for extra flavor and texture.
9. Can I use low-fat cream cheese?
Yes, you can use low-fat cream cheese for a lighter version of this recipe.
10. Can I make these taquitos spicy?
If you prefer a spicier version, you can leave the jalapeno seeds and membranes intact or add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the cream cheese mixture.
11. Can I make these taquitos in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook the taquitos in an air fryer at 400°F for about 8-10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.