Best Easy Jalapeno Fried Chicken Recipe
If you’re looking to spice up your fried chicken game, this easy jalapeno fried chicken recipe is the perfect choice. The combination of crispy chicken and the heat from the jalapenos will leave your taste buds wanting more. Plus, with just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this delicious dish in no time.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
– 1 cup buttermilk
– Vegetable oil for frying
Begin by pounding the chicken breasts to an even thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and finely chopped jalapenos. Dip each chicken breast into the buttermilk, then coat it in the flour mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Place the coated chicken on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to 350°F (175°C). Carefully add the chicken breasts to the hot oil and fry for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the fried chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
Once the chicken has cooled slightly, you’re ready to serve. Pair it with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch or honey mustard, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
– Yes, you can use bone-in chicken pieces instead of boneless breasts. Adjust cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I make this recipe without buttermilk?
– If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of regular milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
3. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
– Yes, simply use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
4. How can I make the chicken extra crispy?
– Add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the flour mixture for an extra crispy coating.
5. Can I bake instead of frying the chicken?
– Yes, you can bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. How long can I store leftovers?
– Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
7. Can I freeze the cooked chicken?
– Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat in the oven to maintain its crispiness.
8. Can I use other chili peppers instead of jalapenos?
– Absolutely! Feel free to substitute jalapenos with your preferred chili peppers for a different heat level.
9. Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead?
– Yes, boneless, skinless chicken thighs will work just as well in this recipe.
10. Is this recipe spicy?
– The heat level can be adjusted by adding more or fewer jalapenos according to your preference.
11. Can I use a different oil for frying?
– Yes, you can use other high-heat oils like canola or peanut oil if desired.