Best Easy Jello Banana Pudding Recipe With Instant Pudding
Jello banana pudding is a classic dessert loved by people of all ages. It is a creamy and delicious treat that combines the flavors of banana and vanilla pudding with a hint of Jello gelatin. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make, thanks to the use of instant pudding mix. Here’s a simple recipe that you can whip up in no time.
– 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
– 2 cups of cold milk
– 1 cup of whipped topping
– 1 cup of crushed vanilla wafers
– 3 ripe bananas, sliced
– 1 package of banana-flavored Jello gelatin
– 2 cups of boiling water
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix and cold milk until well combined. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
2. Fold in the whipped topping gently until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, dissolve the Jello gelatin in boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved.
4. Place the bowl of Jello gelatin in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, or until it becomes slightly thickened.
5. In a serving dish, layer half of the crushed vanilla wafers at the bottom.
6. Top the wafers with half of the sliced bananas.
7. Pour half of the thickened Jello gelatin over the bananas.
8. Spread half of the prepared pudding mixture over the Jello layer.
9. Repeat the layers with the remaining wafers, bananas, Jello gelatin, and pudding mixture.
10. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
11. Before serving, garnish with additional whipped topping and crushed vanilla wafers, if desired.
Q1. Can I use fresh bananas instead of ripe bananas?
A1. Ripe bananas are preferred as they are sweeter and provide a better flavor to the pudding.
Q2. Can I use other flavors of Jello gelatin?
A2. Yes, you can experiment with different flavors, such as strawberry or raspberry, to create variations of this dessert.
Q3. Can I use homemade pudding instead of instant pudding mix?
A3. Instant pudding mix is recommended for this recipe as it provides a quick and easy option. However, you can use homemade pudding if desired.
Q4. Can I make this pudding ahead of time?
A4. Yes, you can prepare the pudding a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Q5. Can I use frozen whipped topping?
A5. Yes, you can use thawed frozen whipped topping instead of homemade whipped cream.
Q6. Can I add other toppings, such as chocolate syrup or caramel?
A6. Absolutely! Feel free to customize the dessert with your favorite toppings.
Q7. Can I use low-fat or sugar-free ingredients?
A7. Yes, you can use low-fat milk, sugar-free instant pudding mix, and sugar-free Jello gelatin for a healthier version of this dessert.
Q8. How long does the pudding last in the refrigerator?
A8. The pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q9. Can I use gluten-free vanilla wafers?
A9. Yes, you can use gluten-free vanilla wafers if you have dietary restrictions.
Q10. Can I substitute other fruits for bananas?
A10. While bananas are traditional, you can experiment with other fruits such as strawberries or peaches.
Q11. Can I make individual servings of this pudding?
A11. Absolutely! You can layer the ingredients in individual dessert cups or glasses for a more elegant presentation.