Best Easy Ken’s Italian Dressing Copycat Recipe
If you’ve ever tasted Ken’s Italian Dressing, you know it’s incredibly delicious and adds a burst of flavor to any salad. But did you know that you can recreate this mouthwatering dressing at home? This easy Ken’s Italian Dressing copycat recipe will have you enjoying the same tangy and zesty flavors in the comfort of your own kitchen.
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons dried parsley
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– 1 tablespoon dried basil
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, water, and lemon juice.
2. Add the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
3. Transfer the dressing to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using to allow the flavors to meld together.
4. Shake well before serving. Drizzle over your favorite salad or use as a marinade for grilled chicken or vegetables.
1. How long does this dressing last in the refrigerator?
This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
2. Can I substitute the vegetable oil with olive oil?
Yes, you can use olive oil instead of vegetable oil for a healthier option.
3. Can I adjust the amount of garlic and onion powder?
Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your taste preferences.
4. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
Fresh herbs can be used instead of dried, but the flavors may be slightly different.
5. Is this dressing gluten-free?
Yes, this dressing is gluten-free.
6. Can I use apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar?
You can substitute apple cider vinegar, but it will alter the flavor slightly.
7. Can I use this dressing as a dip?
Yes, this dressing can be used as a dip for vegetables or breadsticks.
8. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or halve the recipe to suit your needs.
9. Can I freeze this dressing?
It is not recommended to freeze this dressing as it can separate and change in texture.
10. Can I add additional ingredients like mustard or honey?
Feel free to experiment with additional ingredients to customize the dressing to your liking.
11. Can I use this dressing on pasta?
Yes, this dressing can be used as a pasta sauce or mixed into pasta salads for added flavor.