Best Easy Keto Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe
Hot chocolate is a classic and comforting drink that everyone loves, especially during the colder months. If you’re following a keto diet and craving a warm and indulgent treat, look no further than this delicious keto Mexican hot chocolate recipe. It’s rich, creamy, and packed with flavors that will satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your diet.
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol (or any keto-friendly sweetener of your choice)
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Whipped cream (optional, for topping)
– Ground cinnamon (optional, for garnish)
1. In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
2. Whisk in the cocoa powder, powdered erythritol, cinnamon, chili powder, and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Continue to heat the mixture, whisking occasionally, until it reaches your desired temperature.
4. Remove from heat and pour the hot chocolate into mugs.
5. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired.
6. Serve and enjoy!
1. Can I use regular milk instead of almond milk?
Yes, you can use any milk of your choice, but keep in mind that it will alter the nutritional values.
2. Can I use a different sweetener?
Absolutely! Feel free to use any keto-friendly sweetener that suits your taste.
3. Is this hot chocolate spicy?
The chili powder adds a subtle kick to the hot chocolate, but it’s not overpowering. Adjust the amount according to your preference.
4. Can I make a larger batch of this recipe?
Certainly! Simply double or triple the ingredients to make more servings.
5. How many calories are in a serving of this keto Mexican hot chocolate?
One serving of this hot chocolate is approximately 60 calories.
6. Is this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, it is dairy-free as long as you use dairy-free whipped cream or omit it.
7. Can I make this hot chocolate ahead of time?
Yes, you can make a larger batch and store it in the refrigerator. Just reheat before serving.
8. Can I add other spices to this recipe?
Absolutely! You can experiment with adding nutmeg, cardamom, or even a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra flavor.
9. Can I use regular cocoa powder instead of unsweetened?
Regular cocoa powder contains added sugars, so it’s best to use unsweetened cocoa powder for a keto-friendly option.
10. Can I use a milk frother to mix the ingredients?
Using a milk frother can help create a frothier and creamier texture, but it’s not necessary.
11. Can I add a splash of alcohol to this hot chocolate?
If you’re not strictly following a keto diet, you can add a splash of rum or tequila for a boozy twist. Just remember to account for the additional calories and carbs.