Best Easy Kevin Belton Cornbread Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, cornbread is a classic staple that never fails to satisfy. If you’re looking for the perfect cornbread recipe that is both easy to make and absolutely delicious, look no further than Kevin Belton’s recipe. This recipe is a crowd-pleaser, and it’s a must-try for any cornbread lover.
– 1 cup cornmeal
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and grease a cast-iron skillet or baking dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, milk, vegetable oil, and eggs.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Pour the batter into the greased skillet or baking dish and spread it evenly.
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the cornbread to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Q1. Can I use self-rising cornmeal instead?
A1. Yes, you can substitute self-rising cornmeal for the regular cornmeal. Just omit the baking powder and salt.
Q2. Can I use another type of milk?
A2. Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk or soy milk.
Q3. Can I use a different oil?
A3. Yes, you can use melted butter or melted coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
Q4. Can I make corn muffins instead of cornbread?
A4. Absolutely! Just pour the batter into a muffin tin instead of a skillet.
Q5. Can I add cheese or jalapenos to the cornbread?
A5. Yes, feel free to add any additional ingredients like cheese, jalapenos, or even bacon bits to the batter before baking.
Q6. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A6. Yes, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour to make it gluten-free.
Q7. Can I make this recipe vegan?
A7. Yes, you can substitute the buttermilk and regular milk with plant-based milk, and use a flaxseed egg or applesauce instead of eggs.
Q8. How long does the cornbread last?
A8. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Q9. Can I freeze the cornbread?
A9. Yes, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container.
Q10. Can I reheat the cornbread?
A10. Yes, you can reheat it in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
Q11. Can I use a different type of pan?
A11. Yes, you can use a 9×9-inch baking pan or a muffin tin if you don’t have a cast-iron skillet. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
With Kevin Belton’s easy cornbread recipe, you’ll have a delicious and comforting side dish that pairs perfectly with soups, stews, or even on its own. Enjoy the warm, golden goodness of homemade cornbread with this foolproof recipe.