Best Easy Kitchen Aid Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon rolls are a delicious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a sweet snack. Making homemade cinnamon rolls may seem intimidating, but with the help of a Kitchen Aid mixer, the process becomes much easier. Here is a simple and foolproof recipe for the best easy Kitchen Aid cinnamon rolls.
– 4 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup milk
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– Cream cheese frosting (optional)
1. In the bowl of your Kitchen Aid mixer, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix on low speed using the dough hook attachment.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the milk for about 1 minute until warm. Add the melted butter and eggs to the milk and stir well.
3. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients while the mixer is running on low speed. Continue mixing until a soft dough forms.
4. Once the dough comes together, increase the mixer speed to medium and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Remove the dough from the mixer bowl and place it in a greased bowl. Cover it with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
6. Punch down the dough and roll it out on a floured surface into a rectangle shape.
7. Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on top.
8. Starting from one of the longer sides, tightly roll the dough into a log.
9. Cut the log into about 12 equal-sized pieces and place them in a greased baking dish.
10. Cover the dish with a kitchen towel and let the rolls rise for another 30 minutes.
11. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
12. Allow the rolls to cool slightly before spreading cream cheese frosting on top, if desired.
1. Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
Yes, you can substitute instant yeast for active dry yeast in this recipe. Just keep in mind that the rising time may be slightly shorter.
2. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour, but the texture may be denser compared to using all-purpose flour.
3. Can I freeze the cinnamon rolls?
Yes, you can freeze the unbaked cinnamon rolls. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer.
4. How long do the cinnamon rolls last?
Cinnamon rolls can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
5. Can I make the dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dough the night before and let it rise in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, proceed with rolling and baking the cinnamon rolls.
6. Can I add nuts or raisins to the cinnamon rolls?
Certainly! Feel free to add chopped nuts or raisins to the filling before rolling up the dough.
7. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While margarine can be used as a substitute for butter, the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
8. Can I use a hand mixer instead of a Kitchen Aid mixer?
Yes, a hand mixer can be used, but it may take a bit longer to knead the dough.
9. Can I use a different type of frosting?
Of course! You can use any frosting of your choice, such as vanilla glaze or caramel sauce.
10. Can I make smaller or larger cinnamon rolls?
Absolutely! You can adjust the size of the cinnamon rolls by cutting the dough into smaller or larger pieces before baking.
11. Can I reheat the cinnamon rolls?
Yes, you can reheat the cinnamon rolls in the microwave for a few seconds or in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 5 minutes.
These easy Kitchen Aid cinnamon rolls are a crowd-pleasing treat that will fill your home with the heavenly scent of cinnamon. With the help of your trusty Kitchen Aid mixer, you can effortlessly create these delicious and fluffy rolls. Whether you enjoy them for breakfast or as an indulgent snack, these cinnamon rolls are sure to become a family favorite.