Best Easy Lean and Green Chicken Recipe
Chicken is a versatile and healthy protein option that can be prepared in various ways. If you’re looking for a lean and green chicken recipe that is both delicious and easy to make, we have just the recipe for you. This recipe combines the goodness of lean chicken breast with an array of fresh green vegetables, creating a wholesome and satisfying meal.
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 cup broccoli florets
– 1 cup sugar snap peas
– 1 cup zucchini, sliced
– 1 cup green beans, trimmed
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
6. In the same skillet, add the broccoli florets, sugar snap peas, zucchini, and green beans.
7. Sauté the vegetables for about 3-4 minutes until they are tender-crisp.
8. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Slice the cooked chicken breasts and add them back to the skillet with the vegetables.
10. Toss everything together and cook for an additional minute to heat through.
11. Serve the lean and green chicken with your favorite side dish or on a bed of rice or quinoa.
1. Can I use other vegetables in this recipe?
Yes, feel free to add or substitute any green vegetables of your choice.
2. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
3. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Certainly! You can substitute the chicken with tofu or paneer for a vegetarian version.
4. Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the chicken and vegetables in advance and assemble the dish when ready to serve.
5. Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
6. Can I add a sauce to this recipe?
Absolutely! You can drizzle some teriyaki sauce or a squeeze of lemon juice for added flavor.
7. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Yes, you can add some red pepper flakes or chili powder for a kick of spice.
8. Can I grill the chicken instead of cooking it in a skillet?
Yes, grilling the chicken will give it a smoky flavor. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
9. Can I use frozen vegetables?
Fresh vegetables are recommended for this recipe, but you can use frozen vegetables if that’s what you have on hand.
10. Can I add other seasonings?
Feel free to experiment with your favorite herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.
11. Can I double the recipe?
Certainly! Adjust the quantities accordingly to serve more people.