Libby’s Pumpkin Pie is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed by many during the holiday season. This recipe is not only easy to make but also produces two delicious pies that are perfect for sharing with family and friends. With its rich, creamy filling and flaky crust, it’s no wonder that this recipe is a favorite among pumpkin pie lovers.
To make Libby’s Pumpkin Pie for 2 pies, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– ½ teaspoon ground cloves
– 4 large eggs
– 2 cans (15 ounces each) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
– 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) evaporated milk
– 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
To start, preheat your oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the pumpkin. Gradually add the sugar and spice mixture, followed by the evaporated milk. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
Next, pour the pumpkin filling into the two unbaked pie shells, dividing it equally between them. Make sure to leave about ½ inch of space at the top of each pie shell to prevent overflow during baking. Place the pies in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Once done, remove the pies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. For best results, refrigerate the pies for at least 2 hours before serving.
Now, let’s address some common questions about Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe:
1. Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Yes, but make sure to properly cook and puree the fresh pumpkin before using it in the recipe.
2. Can I use a homemade pie crust? Absolutely! A homemade crust can add a personal touch to the recipe.
3. Can I freeze the pies? Yes, you can freeze the pies after baking. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
4. Can I use a different type of milk? Yes, you can use whole milk or half-and-half as a substitute for evaporated milk.
5. Can I add nuts or raisins? Definitely! Feel free to add chopped nuts or raisins to the filling for added texture and flavor.
6. Can I make the pies in advance? Yes, you can make the pies a day or two in advance and refrigerate them until ready to serve.
7. Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices? Yes, you can substitute 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for the individual spices.
8. Can I use a different sweetener? Yes, you can use alternative sweeteners like brown sugar or maple syrup, but it may alter the taste and texture of the pie.
9. Can I make mini pies instead? Yes, you can use mini pie tins or a muffin pan to make individual-sized pies. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
10. Can I use a different brand of canned pumpkin? Yes, you can use other brands of canned pumpkin, but the taste and texture may vary.
11. Can I add whipped cream or ice cream on top? Absolutely! A dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream pairs perfectly with a slice of Libby’s Pumpkin Pie.
In conclusion, Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this classic dessert. With its creamy filling and flaky crust, it’s sure to be a hit at any gathering. So go ahead and give this recipe a try, and don’t forget to share it with your loved ones during the holiday season. Happy baking!