Best Easy Lincoln Highway Pasta Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious pasta dish that will take your taste buds on a flavorful journey, look no further than the Lincoln Highway Pasta. This recipe is inspired by the historic Lincoln Highway, the first coast-to-coast highway in the United States, and it combines simple ingredients to create a dish that is both comforting and satisfying.
To make this easy pasta recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 pound of your favorite pasta
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they become translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
4. Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss it with the sauce until well-coated.
6. Serve the Lincoln Highway Pasta hot, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
FAQs about the Lincoln Highway Pasta:
1. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, feel free to use any type of pasta you prefer or have on hand.
2. Can I substitute ground beef with another protein?
Certainly! Ground turkey or chicken can be used as alternatives.
3. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! You can add diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini to enhance the flavor and nutrition.
4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, simply omit the ground beef and substitute it with plant-based protein or additional vegetables.
5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the sauce in advance and store it in the fridge. Cook the pasta and combine them when ready to serve.
6. Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the Lincoln Highway Pasta in an airtight container for up to three months.
7. Should I rinse the pasta after cooking?
It is not necessary to rinse the pasta as the starch helps the sauce adhere better to it.
8. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Certainly! Just make sure to peel and chop the tomatoes before adding them to the sauce.
9. Can I adjust the seasonings to my taste?
Absolutely! Feel free to add more or less herbs and spices according to your preference.
10. Can I add a kick of spice to the recipe?
Yes, you can add red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to give it some heat.
11. Can I use a different type of cheese for serving?
Certainly! Parmesan cheese can be substituted with grated Romano or Pecorino cheese.
Enjoy this easy and delicious Lincoln Highway Pasta recipe that will transport your taste buds to a flavorful journey across the country!