Best Easy Low Cal Brownie Recipe
Who doesn’t love a delicious, fudgy brownie? However, traditional brownie recipes are often loaded with calories and unhealthy ingredients. But fear not! We have a solution for you – a simple and low-calorie brownie recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging your diet.
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado until smooth.
3. Add the applesauce, cocoa powder, almond flour, honey or maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
4. If desired, fold in the dark chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
7. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
1. Can I replace almond flour with all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute almond flour with an equal amount of all-purpose flour if you have no dietary restrictions.
2. Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes, you can use any liquid sweetener of your choice, such as agave syrup or stevia.
3. Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour?
Unfortunately, coconut flour has different properties, so it is not recommended to replace almond flour with it.
4. Can I omit the eggs?
You can try using flax eggs (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water for each egg) as an egg substitute.
5. Can I freeze these brownies?
Yes, these brownies freeze well. Simply wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
6. How many calories are in each brownie?
The calorie content may vary depending on the ingredients used, but on average, each brownie contains approximately 120-150 calories.
7. Can I add nuts to the recipe?
Certainly! Feel free to add chopped nuts of your choice for extra texture and flavor.
8. Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes, you can use milk or white chocolate chips if you prefer a different taste.
9. Can I replace avocado with butter?
While avocado provides a healthier alternative, you can substitute it with an equal amount of melted butter if desired.
10. Can I use a different size baking dish?
If you use a larger dish, the brownies will be thinner and may require less baking time. Adjust accordingly.
11. Can I use a blender instead of mashing the avocado by hand?
Yes, using a blender or food processor is an easier alternative to achieve a smooth avocado consistency.