Best Easy Low Carb Baked Chicken Recipe
Looking for a quick and healthy dinner option that is both low in carbohydrates and delicious? Look no further than this easy low carb baked chicken recipe! Packed with flavor and simple to make, it is the perfect go-to meal for those following a low carb diet.
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the chicken, making sure to coat both sides.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
6. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help retain its juices and ensure tenderness.
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I marinate the chicken beforehand?
Absolutely! Marinating the chicken for a few hours or overnight will enhance the flavor even more.
3. Can I substitute the spices with others?
Yes, feel free to experiment with different spices to suit your taste.
4. Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can bake the chicken ahead of time and refrigerate it. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
5. Can I freeze the baked chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I add vegetables to the baking sheet?
Certainly! Adding vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, or zucchini can make it a complete meal.
7. How can I make the chicken more crispy?
To achieve a crispier texture, broil the chicken for the last 2-3 minutes of baking.
8. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?
Yes, dried herbs can be used as a substitute. Just remember to use smaller amounts as they are more concentrated.
9. How many calories are in one serving of this recipe?
The calorie count will vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts used. On average, it ranges from 150-200 calories per serving.
10. Can I use a different oil instead of olive oil?
Yes, you can use avocado oil, coconut oil, or any other oil of your choice.
11. Is this recipe suitable for a keto diet?
Yes, this low carb baked chicken recipe is keto-friendly as it contains minimal carbohydrates and is high in protein.
In conclusion, this easy low carb baked chicken recipe is a versatile and healthy option for any mealtime. With a handful of ingredients and minimal preparation time, you can enjoy a flavorful and satisfying dish that fits your low carb lifestyle.