Best Easy Mexican Brisket Recipe Slow Cooker
When it comes to flavorful and tender meat, the Mexican brisket recipe cooked in a slow cooker is hard to beat. With a combination of smoky spices, tangy citrus, and slow cooking, this dish is a crowd-pleaser that requires minimal effort. Here is a simple and delicious Mexican brisket recipe that will have your taste buds dancing.
– 3 pounds beef brisket
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Juice of 2 limes
– Juice of 1 orange
– 1 cup beef broth
– 1 onion, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
2. Rub the spice mixture all over the brisket, ensuring it is evenly coated.
3. Place the brisket in the slow cooker and pour in the lime juice, orange juice, and beef broth.
4. Add the sliced onion, minced garlic, and jalapeno to the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, until the brisket is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
6. Once cooked, remove the brisket from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks.
7. Return the shredded brisket to the slow cooker and mix it with the juices.
8. Allow the brisket to sit in the slow cooker on low for an additional 30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
9. Serve the Mexican brisket in tortillas with your favorite toppings, such as guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
1. Can I use a different cut of meat?
Yes, you can use other cuts such as chuck roast or short ribs, but brisket is preferred for its tenderness and flavor.
2. Can I use a different type of citrus juice?
Yes, you can substitute lime and orange juice with grapefruit or lemon juice for a different twist.
3. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Absolutely! Add more jalapenos or include some diced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for a spicier kick.
4. Can I cook the brisket on high for a shorter time?
Yes, but the low and slow cooking method yields the best results in terms of tenderness and flavor.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, the shredded brisket can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I make this recipe in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for the Instant Pot by following the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking times.
7. Can I use store-bought taco seasoning instead of the homemade spice mix?
Yes, you can use pre-made taco seasoning if you prefer.
8. Can I cook this recipe overnight?
Yes, just make sure to set the slow cooker to low and allow it to cook for 8-10 hours.
9. Can I skip the onion and garlic?
While they add depth of flavor, you can omit them if you have dietary restrictions or personal preferences.
10. Can I use vegetable broth instead of beef broth?
Yes, you can substitute vegetable broth if you prefer a meatless version.
11. Can I make this recipe without a slow cooker?
Yes, you can cook the brisket in a Dutch oven or a covered baking dish in the oven at 275°F for 4-5 hours, until tender.
Enjoy this delicious and easy Mexican brisket recipe that will transport you straight to the vibrant flavors of Mexico. Whether it’s for a family dinner or a gathering with friends, this slow cooker dish is sure to impress.