Best Easy Microwave Kalakand Recipe with Ricotta Cheese
Kalakand is a popular Indian sweet that is made from condensed milk and cottage cheese. Traditionally, it is a time-consuming process to make this delicious sweet, but with the help of a microwave, you can now make it in a matter of minutes. This recipe uses ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese, making it even easier and quicker to prepare. Here’s how to make the best easy microwave Kalakand with ricotta cheese.
– 1 cup ricotta cheese
– 1 cup condensed milk
– 1/2 cup milk powder
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
– Chopped nuts for garnish (optional)
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, add ricotta cheese, condensed milk, milk powder, and powdered sugar. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
2. Microwave the mixture on high power for 2 minutes.
3. Take it out and stir the mixture well. Add cardamom powder and ghee. Mix again.
4. Microwave the mixture for another 3 minutes on high power.
5. Stir the mixture well and microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Repeat step 5 until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
7. Once the mixture reaches the desired consistency, remove it from the microwave and let it cool for a few minutes.
8. Grease a plate with ghee and transfer the mixture to the plate.
9. Press the mixture gently with a spatula to even it out.
10. Garnish with chopped nuts if desired.
11. Let it cool completely and then cut it into square or diamond-shaped pieces.
1. Can I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese?
Yes, you can use cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese. The texture may be slightly different, but it will still taste delicious.
2. Can I use homemade condensed milk?
Yes, you can use homemade condensed milk. Just make sure it is thick and creamy.
3. Can I add saffron to the recipe?
Yes, you can add a pinch of saffron strands soaked in warm milk to enhance the flavor and give it a beautiful color.
4. How long can I store Kalakand?
Kalakand can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
5. Can I use almond flour instead of milk powder?
Yes, you can use almond flour instead of milk powder. It will give a slightly different texture but will still taste delicious.
6. Can I use white sugar instead of powdered sugar?
Yes, you can use white sugar, but make sure to grind it into a fine powder before using it.
7. Can I make this recipe without a microwave?
Yes, you can make Kalakand on the stovetop by cooking the mixture on low heat until it thickens.
8. Can I skip adding ghee?
Adding ghee enhances the flavor and gives a smooth texture to the Kalakand, but you can skip it if you prefer.
9. Can I add rosewater or any other flavoring?
Yes, you can add rosewater, kewra water, or any other flavoring of your choice to enhance the taste.
10. Can I use unsweetened condensed milk?
No, unsweetened condensed milk will not work for this recipe as it won’t provide the required sweetness.
11. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double or halve the recipe according to your needs. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Enjoy this delicious and easy microwave Kalakand with ricotta cheese. It’s the perfect sweet treat for any occasion or celebration.