Best Easy Middle Eastern Chicken Cream Chop Recipe
Middle Eastern cuisine is known for its rich flavors and aromatic spices, and one dish that perfectly captures these elements is the Chicken Cream Chop. This delectable recipe combines tender chicken breasts with a creamy and flavorful sauce, resulting in a dish that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Here is a simple and easy-to-follow recipe for the best Middle Eastern Chicken Cream Chop.
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 cup heavy cream
– Fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, minced garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and coat them thoroughly with the yogurt mixture. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, but overnight is preferred for maximum flavor.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the skillet. Stir well to incorporate the pan drippings into the sauce.
6. Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
7. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing them to soak up the creamy sauce.
8. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
9. Serve hot with rice or couscous for a complete and satisfying meal.
1. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
Yes, bone-in chicken can be used, but the cooking time may vary.
2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?
Yes, you can use half-and-half or milk, but keep in mind that it will result in a lighter sauce.
3. Can I grill the chicken instead of pan-frying it?
Absolutely! Grilling the chicken will add a smoky flavor to the dish.
4. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, chicken thighs can be used as a substitute, but adjust the cooking time accordingly.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken cream chop for up to 3 months.