Best Easy Outback Steak Salad Recipe
If you’re craving a flavorful and satisfying salad, look no further than the Outback Steak Salad. Packed with fresh ingredients and a juicy, tender steak, this salad is a delicious and nutritious meal in itself. Here is a simple recipe to recreate this classic dish in the comfort of your own kitchen.
– 1 pound of sirloin steak
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 6 cups of mixed greens
– 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1 cucumber, sliced
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced
– 1 avocado, diced
– 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
– 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
– 1/4 cup of Outback Steakhouse salad dressing
1. Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Grill the steak for about 4-5 minutes per side or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Remove from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
3. In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, avocado, blue cheese, and sliced almonds.
4. Slice the steak into thin strips and add it to the salad bowl.
5. Drizzle the Outback Steakhouse salad dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use a different cut of steak for this salad?
Yes, you can use any type of steak that you prefer, such as ribeye or filet mignon.
2. Can I substitute the blue cheese?
If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, you can substitute it with feta or goat cheese.
3. Can I make this salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients in advance and assemble the salad just before serving to keep it fresh.
4. Can I add other vegetables to the salad?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or radishes.
5. Can I use a different salad dressing?
Yes, you can use any vinaigrette or creamy dressing that complements the flavors of the salad.
6. Can I cook the steak on a stovetop instead of grilling?
Yes, you can use a stovetop grill pan or skillet to cook the steak.
7. Can I use pre-packaged salad greens?
Yes, you can use pre-washed and packaged mixed greens for convenience.
8. Can I make this salad vegetarian?
Yes, you can omit the steak and add grilled tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian version.
9. Can I add additional protein to the salad?
Yes, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp, or even bacon for extra protein.
10. Can I make this salad gluten-free?
Yes, ensure that the salad dressing you use is gluten-free or make a homemade dressing using gluten-free ingredients.
11. Can I serve this salad as a side dish?
Yes, you can serve a smaller portion as a side dish to complement your main course.