Best Easy Palacinke Recipe
Palacinke, also known as Serbian pancakes, are thin and delicate pancakes that are a popular treat in many Eastern European countries. Made with simple ingredients, these pancakes are incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed with a variety of sweet or savory fillings. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious palacinke recipe, look no further! Here is the best recipe to satisfy your pancake cravings.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups milk
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– Additional oil for greasing the pan
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add them to the flour mixture.
3. Gradually add the milk to the mixture, whisking continuously until a smooth batter forms.
4. Stir in the vegetable oil and let the batter rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Heat a non-stick skillet or pancake pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with oil.
6. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and tilt it in a circular motion to evenly distribute the batter.
7. Cook the palacinke for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly golden.
8. Transfer the cooked palacinke to a plate and cover them with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm.
9. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
10. Serve the palacinke warm with your favorite fillings such as Nutella, jam, fresh fruits, whipped cream, or even savory options like cheese and ham.
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for a healthier version of palacinke.
2. Can I make the batter ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the batter a few hours in advance and refrigerate it until you’re ready to cook.
3. Can I freeze palacinke?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked pancakes between layers of wax paper for up to 3 months.
4. How many palacinke does this recipe make?
This recipe makes around 10-12 palacinke, depending on the size.
5. Can I use a different type of milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, including plant-based options like almond or soy milk.
6. Can I make palacinke gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
7. Can I use a different filling besides the suggested options?
Absolutely! Palacinke are incredibly versatile, so you can get creative with your fillings.
8. Can I use butter instead of oil for greasing the pan?
Yes, butter can be used instead of oil for a richer flavor.
9. Can I make palacinke thicker?
For traditional palacinke, it’s best to keep them thin. However, you can adjust the amount of batter to make them slightly thicker if desired.
10. Can I reheat palacinke?
Yes, you can reheat the palacinke in a warm oven or microwave them for a few seconds.
11. Can I make palacinke without eggs?
While eggs contribute to the texture, you can try using a vegan egg substitute or a mashed banana as a replacement.