Best Easy Pasties Recipe With Premade Pie Crust
Pasties are a delicious and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. They are a traditional British dish, typically filled with meat and vegetables and encased in a flaky pastry crust. Making pasties from scratch can be time-consuming, but with premade pie crust, you can whip up a batch of these savory treats in no time. Here is a simple and foolproof recipe for the best easy pasties using premade pie crust.
– 2 premade pie crusts
– 1 pound of ground beef or diced chicken
– 1 large potato, peeled and diced
– 1 carrot, peeled and diced
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef or chicken, diced potato, carrot, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Roll out the premade pie crusts and cut them into circles, approximately 6-8 inches in diameter.
4. Place a spoonful of the filling onto one half of each circle, leaving a border around the edge.
5. Fold the other half of the pie crust over the filling, creating a semi-circle shape. Press the edges together and crimp with a fork to seal.
6. Place the pasties onto the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with beaten egg for a golden finish.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pasties are golden brown and cooked through.
8. Allow the pasties to cool slightly before serving. They can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
1. Can I use store-bought pie crust instead of premade pie crust?
Yes, store-bought pie crust can be used as a substitute for premade pie crust.
2. Can I freeze the pasties?
Yes, these pasties can be frozen. Just make sure to cool them completely before storing them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
3. Can I use different fillings?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different fillings such as vegetables, cheese, or even sweet fillings like apple or berry.
4. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can use ground turkey, pork, or lamb instead of beef or chicken.
5. Can I make mini pasties?
Yes, you can make smaller pasties by using a smaller cutter for the pie crust circles. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
6. Can I make these pasties in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the pasties in advance and refrigerate them until ready to bake.
7. Can I reheat the pasties?
Yes, pasties can be reheated in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
8. Can I add spices or herbs to the filling?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite spices or herbs to enhance the flavor of the filling.
9. Can I make vegetarian pasties?
Yes, you can omit the meat and use a combination of vegetables and cheese for a vegetarian option.
10. Can I use puff pastry instead of pie crust?
Yes, puff pastry can be used instead of pie crust for a different texture and flavor.
11. Can I serve pasties with a sauce?
Yes, you can serve pasties with ketchup, gravy, or any other sauce of your choice.