Best Easy Paul Prudhomme Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Recipe
Looking for a delicious and indulgent dessert that will leave your taste buds satisfied? Look no further than this mouthwatering Paul Prudhomme Sweet Potato Pecan Pie recipe. With its perfect blend of sweet potatoes and crunchy pecans, this pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
– 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potatoes
– ¾ cup granulated sugar
– 1 ¼ cups evaporated milk
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¾ cup chopped pecans
– 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
3. Stir in the chopped pecans until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
4. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the unbaked pie crust, spreading it evenly.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the pie is set and the crust is golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
7. Serve the pie warm or at room temperature, and enjoy!
1. Can I use canned sweet potatoes instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use canned sweet potatoes as a substitute. Just make sure to drain them well before mashing.
2. Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?
Certainly! You can use walnuts or almonds as an alternative to pecans.
3. Can I make this pie in advance?
Yes, you can make the pie a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap.
4. Can I freeze the pie?
Yes, you can freeze the pie for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container.
5. How long does it take to thaw a frozen pie?
It typically takes around 2-3 hours to thaw a frozen pie in the refrigerator.
6. Can I use a pre-made pie crust?
Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust if you prefer a shortcut.
7. Can I use sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk?
No, sweetened condensed milk is not a suitable substitute for evaporated milk in this recipe.
8. Can I add marshmallows to the pie?
Yes, you can add miniature marshmallows to the top of the pie during the last 10 minutes of baking for a delightful twist.
9. Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and nutmeg?
Yes, you can use pumpkin pie spice as an alternative to cinnamon and nutmeg.
10. Can I use a gluten-free pie crust?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free pie crust for this recipe.
11. Can I serve the pie with whipped cream or ice cream?
Absolutely! A dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream pairs perfectly with this sweet potato pecan pie.
Indulge in the rich flavors of this Paul Prudhomme Sweet Potato Pecan Pie recipe and impress your family and friends with your baking skills. This easy-to-follow recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for seconds!