Best Easy Pesto Risotto Recipe by Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is known for his simple and delicious recipes, and his Pesto Risotto is no exception. This recipe combines the creamy goodness of risotto with the fresh flavors of pesto, creating a mouthwatering dish that is perfect for any occasion. With just a handful of ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can whip up this flavorful dish in no time.
To make this Pesto Risotto, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 liter of vegetable or chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 300g Arborio rice
– 150ml white wine
– 100g pesto
– 50g grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the stock in a separate pan and keep it simmering on low heat.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the Arborio rice to the pan and stir for a couple of minutes until the rice is well coated with the oil.
4. Pour in the white wine and stir until it is absorbed by the rice.
5. Begin adding the stock, one ladle at a time, stirring continuously until the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
6. Repeat this process until the rice is cooked al dente, which should take around 20 minutes.
7. Stir in the pesto and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Remove from heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
10. Serve hot and garnish with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
1. Can I use a different type of rice for this recipe?
– Arborio rice is the best choice for risotto due to its high starch content, but other short-grain rice varieties can be used as well.
2. Can I substitute the white wine with something else?
– You can use vegetable or chicken broth instead of white wine if you prefer a non-alcoholic version.
3. How can I make this recipe vegan-friendly?
– Simply use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and skip the Parmesan cheese or use a vegan alternative.
4. Can I freeze the leftovers?
– While risotto is best enjoyed fresh, you can freeze any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
5. Can I add other vegetables or protein to this recipe?
– Absolutely! Feel free to add cooked chicken, shrimp, or vegetables like peas, mushrooms, or asparagus to customize the dish to your liking.
6. Can I make pesto from scratch?
– Yes, you can make homemade pesto by blending fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil in a food processor.
7. Can I use store-bought pesto?
– Yes, store-bought pesto works well in this recipe too.
8. Can I use a different type of cheese?
– While Parmesan cheese adds a rich flavor, you can use other hard cheeses like Pecorino Romano or Grana Padano as alternatives.
9. How do I know when the risotto is done?
– The risotto should be creamy with a slight bite to the rice. Taste it occasionally to check for doneness.
10. Can I reheat the risotto?
– Yes, you can reheat the risotto on the stovetop with a splash of stock or in the microwave with a bit of water.
11. Can I serve this as a main dish?
– Absolutely! Pesto Risotto can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish to complement your meal.
Try out this Best Easy Pesto Risotto Recipe by Jamie Oliver and impress your family and friends with a flavorful and comforting dish that is sure to be a hit.