Best Easy PF Chang Spicy Chicken Recipe
If you’re a fan of Asian cuisine, you’ve probably heard of PF Chang’s famous Spicy Chicken dish. The combination of tender chicken, crispy vegetables, and a flavorful sauce is a crowd-pleaser. While you may not be able to visit the restaurant all the time, you can recreate this delicious dish at home with this easy PF Chang Spicy Chicken recipe.
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon grated ginger
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 3 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/2 cup chopped green onions
– 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
– Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken pieces with cornstarch until fully coated.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add minced garlic and grated ginger. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, and water. Pour the sauce into the skillet with garlic and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the cooked chicken, green onions, and red bell pepper to the skillet. Toss everything together until well coated in the sauce.
6. Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
7. Serve the PF Chang Spicy Chicken over steamed rice or noodles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can substitute chicken thighs for a juicier and more flavorful result.
2. Is there a substitute for cornstarch?
You can use potato starch or arrowroot powder as a cornstarch alternative.
3. How spicy is this dish?
The spice level can be adjusted by adding more or less chili garlic sauce according to your preference.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While it’s best to serve it fresh, you can prepare the sauce and cut the vegetables in advance to save time.
5. Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen vegetables, but fresh ones will give a better texture.
6. Can I use low-sodium soy sauce?
Yes, you can use low-sodium soy sauce if you prefer a less salty dish.
7. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can use shrimp, beef, or tofu instead of chicken.
8. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Ensure you use gluten-free soy sauce and check the labels of other ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
9. Can I omit the honey?
If you prefer a less sweet dish, you can reduce or omit the honey.
10. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months.
11. Can I use a wok instead of a skillet?
Yes, a wok can be used instead of a skillet for a more authentic flavor. Adjust cooking times accordingly.