Are you craving a delicious and comforting bowl of wonton soup? Look no further, as we have the best easy PF Chang wonton soup recipe that you can whip up in no time. This recipe is packed with flavors and textures that will surely satisfy your taste buds. Let’s dive right in!
– 1 pound ground pork
– 1/2 cup finely chopped shrimp
– 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
– 2 green onions, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 24 wonton wrappers
– 8 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup shredded bok choy or napa cabbage
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, and salt.
2. Place a small spoonful of the mixture onto the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten the edges with water, then fold the wrapper in half to create a triangle. Press the edges to seal tightly.
3. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Drop the wontons into the boiling broth and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
4. Add the shredded bok choy or napa cabbage and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot. Enjoy!
1. Can I make the wonton filling in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the filling a day ahead and refrigerate it until ready to use.
2. Can I use other types of meat?
Certainly! You can substitute the ground pork with ground chicken or turkey for a different flavor.
3. Can I freeze the wontons?
Absolutely! Place the uncooked wontons on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until firm. Then transfer them to a freezer bag for long-term storage.
4. How long does the soup keep in the fridge?
The soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth if you prefer a vegetarian version of the soup.
6. Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
Of course! Feel free to add sliced mushrooms, carrots, or snow peas to enhance the flavor and texture of the soup.
7. Can I make the wonton wrappers from scratch?
Certainly! Homemade wonton wrappers can be made using a simple mixture of flour, water, and salt.
8. Can I use store-bought wonton wrappers?
Absolutely! Store-bought wonton wrappers are a convenient option and work just as well.
9. Can I add chili sauce for a spicy kick?
Yes, if you enjoy spicy flavors, feel free to add chili sauce or sriracha to the soup for some heat.
10. Can I skip the shrimp in the filling?
If you have a seafood allergy or prefer not to include shrimp, you can omit it and increase the amount of ground pork or add other vegetables to the mixture.
11. Can I use a different type of cabbage?
Yes, if you can’t find bok choy or napa cabbage, you can substitute with regular cabbage or spinach.
There you have it – the best easy PF Chang wonton soup recipe and answers to frequently asked questions. Now you can enjoy a warm and satisfying bowl of wonton soup in the comfort of your own home. Bon appétit!