If you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe that will impress your family and friends, look no further than the Best Easy Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cake Recipe With Sour Cream. This creamy and decadent cake is the perfect combination of tangy cream cheese and smooth sour cream, all nestled on a buttery graham cracker crust. Here’s how to make it:
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 2 (8 oz) packages Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to create the crust.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, mix in the sour cream until fully combined.
3. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust in the springform pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
4. Bake the cake for about 50-60 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Once the cake has cooled, refrigerate it for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the cake to set properly.
6. Before serving, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cake to a serving plate. Slice and enjoy!
1. Can I use a different type of crust?
Yes, you can use a crushed cookie crust or even a premade graham cracker crust if you prefer.
2. Can I substitute the sour cream?
Yes, you can use Greek yogurt or even buttermilk as a substitute for the sour cream.
3. Can I add fruit toppings to the cake?
Absolutely! You can top the cake with fresh berries, sliced peaches, or any other fruit you like.
4. Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container.
5. Can I use reduced-fat cream cheese?
Yes, you can use reduced-fat cream cheese, but keep in mind that it may affect the texture and creaminess of the cake.
6. Can I use a different brand of cream cheese?
While Philadelphia cream cheese is the most commonly used brand for this recipe, you can use any other brand you prefer.
7. Can I add chocolate to the batter?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips or melted chocolate to the batter for a chocolate cream cheese cake variation.
8. Can I use a different size pan?
Yes, you can use a different size pan, but keep in mind that the baking time may vary.
9. Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer?
Yes, a hand mixer will work just fine for this recipe.
10. Can I use a different type of extract?
Yes, you can use almond extract or lemon extract for a different flavor profile.
11. Can I add a glaze to the cake?
Absolutely! You can drizzle a glaze made with powdered sugar and milk over the top of the cake for added sweetness and decoration.