Best Easy Pinoy Banana Cake Recipe
If you’re a fan of moist and flavorful cakes, then this Pinoy Banana Cake recipe is a must-try! This classic Filipino dessert is loved for its simplicity and delicious taste. Made with ripe bananas, this cake is moist, soft, and perfect for any occasion.
– 3 ripe bananas, mashed
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ cups sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¾ cup vegetable oil
– 4 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well until everything is well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Mix until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Serve slices of this delicious Pinoy Banana Cake as is, or with a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
FAQs about Pinoy Banana Cake Recipe:
1. Can I use overripe bananas for this recipe?
Yes, overripe bananas work best as they are sweeter and more flavorful.
2. Can I use a different type of flour?
While all-purpose flour is recommended, you can try using whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
3. Can I replace the buttermilk with regular milk?
Yes, you can substitute buttermilk with regular milk. Simply add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to ½ cup of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. How long will this cake stay fresh?
If stored in an airtight container, this cake will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature.
5. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the batter?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite nuts or chocolate chips for extra texture and flavor.
6. Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
7. Can I use a different size of baking pan?
You can use a different size of baking pan, but adjust the baking time accordingly.
8. Can I make this cake without eggs?
Yes, you can substitute each egg with ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce or mashed ripe bananas.
9. Can I add frosting to this cake?
While this cake is delicious on its own, you can certainly add your favorite frosting, such as cream cheese or chocolate ganache.
10. Can I use a blender instead of mashing the bananas?
Yes, you can blend the bananas in a blender until smooth if you prefer a smoother texture.
11. Can I reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe?
Yes, you can reduce the amount of sugar, but keep in mind that it may affect the taste and texture of the cake.
In conclusion, this Best Easy Pinoy Banana Cake Recipe is a delightful and simple dessert that will surely impress your family and friends. With its moist and flavorful texture, this cake is perfect for any occasion or as a sweet treat for yourself. Enjoy!