Pork and tofu are staple ingredients in Chinese cuisine, and when combined, they create a delightful and flavorful dish that is loved by many. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe that incorporates both these ingredients, we have you covered. Here is the best easy pork and tofu recipe Chinese:
– 1 pound of pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
– 1 block of firm tofu, cubed
– 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
– 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup of chicken broth
– 1 green onion, chopped (for garnish)
1. In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger.
2. Add the pork slices to the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Add the marinated pork slices and cook until browned and cooked through.
5. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
6. In the same pan, add the tofu cubes and cook until lightly browned.
7. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
8. Return the pork to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
9. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot with steamed rice.
1. Can I use a different cut of pork?
Yes, you can use other cuts like pork loin or pork chops, just make sure to slice them thinly.
2. Can I use silken tofu instead of firm tofu?
While silken tofu has a different texture, you can use it if you prefer a softer texture in your dish.
3. Is there a substitute for oyster sauce?
You can use hoisin sauce or soy sauce mixed with a little sugar as a substitute.
4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, you can omit the pork and use vegetables like mushrooms or bell peppers instead.
5. How can I make the sauce spicier?
Add a teaspoon of chili paste or chili flakes to the marinade for a spicy kick.
6. Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked pork and tofu for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
7. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, vegetable broth can be used as a substitute for chicken broth.
8. How long does it take to cook the pork?
It takes about 5-7 minutes to cook the thinly sliced pork.
9. Can I use olive oil instead of vegetable oil?
Yes, olive oil can be used as a substitute for vegetable oil.
10. Can I add other vegetables to this dish?
Yes, you can add vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, or carrots for added flavor and nutrition.
11. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double the recipe to serve more people. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.