Best Easy Pork with Coconut Milk Filipino Recipe
The Philippines is known for its rich culinary heritage, and one dish that stands out is Pork with Coconut Milk. This delightful recipe combines tender chunks of pork with creamy coconut milk and a medley of spices to create a flavorful and comforting dish. Here is the best easy Pork with Coconut Milk Filipino recipe that you can try at home.
– 1 kg pork belly, cubed
– 2 cups coconut milk
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon fish sauce
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Green onions, chopped for garnish
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant.
2. Add the pork belly and cook until browned on all sides.
3. Pour in the soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir well to coat the pork.
4. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it cook for about 1 hour or until the pork is tender.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish with chopped green onions before serving.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.
FAQs about Pork with Coconut Milk Filipino Recipe:
1. Can I use other cuts of pork?
Yes, you can use pork shoulder or pork loin if you prefer leaner cuts.
2. Can I substitute coconut milk with coconut cream?
Yes, you can substitute coconut milk with coconut cream for a richer and creamier taste.
3. Can I make this dish in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Just follow the same steps and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
4. Can I add vegetables to this dish?
Certainly! You can add vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or potatoes to make it a more wholesome meal.
5. Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I use pork ribs instead of pork belly?
Yes, pork ribs will work well in this recipe too.
7. Can I make this dish spicy?
Yes, you can add chili flakes or fresh chilies to make it spicier.
8. Can I use low-fat coconut milk?
Yes, you can use low-fat coconut milk if you prefer a lighter version of the dish.
9. Can I marinate the pork beforehand?
Marinating the pork for a few hours in soy sauce, garlic, and ginger will enhance the flavor.
10. Can I use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil?
Yes, you can use coconut oil for a more pronounced coconut flavor.
11. Can I use this recipe for chicken?
Absolutely! You can substitute pork with chicken thighs or chicken breast.
Enjoy this delicious and easy Pork with Coconut Milk Filipino recipe, and savor the flavors of the Philippines in the comfort of your own kitchen.