Queijadas de Coco, also known as Coconut Custard Tarts, are a traditional Portuguese dessert that is loved for its sweet and creamy coconut flavor. This delightful treat is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. Here is the best easy Queijadas de Coco recipe that you can try at home.
– 2 cups grated coconut
– 2 cups sugar
– 4 eggs
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the grated coconut, sugar, flour, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the beaten eggs and mix well.
4. Gradually add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until everything is well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin, filling each liner about ¾ full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the tops of the tarts are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove the tarts from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about Queijadas de Coco:
1. Can I use desiccated coconut instead of grated coconut?
Yes, you can use desiccated coconut as a substitute for grated coconut.
2. Can I reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe?
Yes, you can reduce the amount of sugar if you prefer a less sweet taste.
3. Can I use coconut milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can use coconut milk for a stronger coconut flavor.
4. Can I add other flavors to the custard tarts?
Yes, you can experiment with adding flavors such as lemon zest or almond extract to the batter.
5. How should I store Queijadas de Coco?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
6. Can I freeze these tarts?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to one month. Thaw them at room temperature before serving.
7. Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour if you have dietary restrictions.
8. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Yes, margarine can be used as a substitute for butter.
9. Can I make these tarts in a mini muffin tin?
Yes, you can use a mini muffin tin to make smaller Queijadas de Coco.
10. Can I add chocolate chips to the batter?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips for an extra burst of flavor.
11. Can I use a store-bought pie crust instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use a store-bought pie crust to save time. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Queijadas de Coco are a delicious and simple dessert to make at home. With their creamy coconut filling and golden crust, they are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!