Best Easy Rainbow Drive-in Beef Stew Recipe
Beef stew is a classic comfort food that warms the soul on a chilly day. With its rich flavors and tender chunks of beef, it never fails to satisfy. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy beef stew recipe, look no further than the Best Easy Rainbow Drive-in Beef Stew.
This recipe is inspired by the famous Rainbow Drive-in in Hawaii, known for its mouthwatering local dishes. It combines simple ingredients with a burst of flavors to create a hearty and satisfying stew that the whole family will love.
– 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into bite-sized cubes
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 carrots, sliced
– 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 2 stalks celery, sliced
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 4 cups beef broth
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown it on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions become translucent.
3. Add the carrots, potatoes, celery, peas, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
4. Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for about 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
5. Serve the stew hot with some crusty bread or over a bed of rice.
1. Can I use a different cut of beef for this recipe?
Yes, you can use other cuts like stew beef or beef round, but chuck is recommended for its tenderness and flavor.
2. Can I make this stew in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Brown the beef and onions before transferring them to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, this stew freezes well. Store the leftovers in airtight containers or freezer bags for up to 3 months.
4. Can I substitute fresh vegetables for frozen ones?
Certainly! Just keep in mind that fresh vegetables may require slightly longer cooking time.
5. Can I add other vegetables to this stew?
Feel free to customize the recipe to your liking by adding other vegetables like mushrooms, corn, or green beans.
6. Can I use chicken broth instead of beef broth?
While beef broth provides a richer flavor, chicken broth can be used as a substitute if desired.
7. Can I make this recipe without tomato paste?
The tomato paste adds depth and richness to the stew, but you can omit it if you don’t have any on hand.
8. Can I use red wine in this stew?
Adding a splash of red wine can enhance the flavor of the stew. Just substitute it for some of the beef broth.
9. Can I cook this stew in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can use the sauté function to brown the beef and onions, then pressure cook on high for about 30 minutes.
10. Can I use low-sodium soy sauce?
Yes, if you prefer less sodium in your stew, you can use low-sodium soy sauce without compromising the taste.
11. Can I add herbs like rosemary or bay leaves to this stew?
Absolutely! Experiment with different herbs to enhance the flavor profile of the stew to your liking.
In conclusion, the Best Easy Rainbow Drive-in Beef Stew recipe is a simple yet flavorful way to enjoy a comforting meal. Whether you follow the recipe exactly or make some modifications, this stew is sure to become a family favorite.