Best Easy Recipe for Cherry Danish
If you’re a fan of sweet and flaky pastries, then you’re in for a treat with this delicious cherry Danish recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can whip up a batch of these delectable pastries that will impress your family and friends.
– 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
– 1 cup of cherry pie filling
– 1/4 cup of cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tablespoon of milk
– Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and cut it into 4 equal-sized squares.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Spoon a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of each puff pastry square.
5. Top the cream cheese mixture with a spoonful of cherry pie filling.
6. Fold the corners of each puff pastry square towards the center, gently pressing them together to seal the pastry.
7. Place the danishes onto the prepared baking sheet.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the beaten egg and milk. Brush this mixture over the tops of the pastries.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pastries are golden brown and puffed up.
10. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
11. Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar if desired, and serve.
1. Can I use other fruit fillings instead of cherry pie filling?
Yes, you can use any fruit filling of your choice, such as blueberry or apple.
2. Can I make my own puff pastry?
While store-bought puff pastry is convenient, you can make your own if you prefer a homemade version.
3. Can I freeze the danishes?
Yes, you can freeze them before baking. Just assemble the pastries, freeze them on a baking sheet, and then store them in an airtight container until ready to bake.
4. How long can I store the baked danishes?
They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
5. Can I use a glaze instead of powdered sugar for topping?
Yes, you can make a simple glaze using powdered sugar and milk to drizzle over the pastries if desired.
6. Can I use a different type of cheese for the filling?
Yes, you can experiment with different types of cheese, such as mascarpone or ricotta, for a unique flavor.
7. Can I add nuts to the filling?
Absolutely! Chopped almonds or walnuts can add a nice crunch to the filling.
8. Can I make mini danishes instead?
Yes, you can cut the puff pastry into smaller squares to make mini danishes.
9. Can I use fresh cherries instead of canned filling?
Yes, you can use fresh cherries, but make sure to remove the pits and cook them down with sugar to create a thick filling.
10. Can I make these danishes vegan?
Yes, you can use vegan puff pastry and substitute the cream cheese with a vegan alternative.
11. Can I serve these warm?
Yes, these pastries are best served warm, straight from the oven.