Best Easy Recipe for Cream Filled Doughnuts
Doughnuts are a beloved treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Among the many variations, cream-filled doughnuts are a classic favorite. If you’re looking for an easy recipe to try at home, look no further. Here’s a simple yet delicious recipe for cream-filled doughnuts that will leave you craving for more.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– Oil for frying
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and eggs.
3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out doughnut shapes.
5. Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375°F (190°C).
6. Carefully drop the doughnuts into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, flipping once. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
7. In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
8. Once the doughnuts have cooled, fill a piping bag fitted with a round tip with the whipped cream.
9. Insert the tip into the side of each doughnut and gently squeeze to fill with cream.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!
1. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?
All-purpose flour works best for this recipe, but you can experiment with other flours if desired.
2. Can I use a different type of oil for frying?
Vegetable oil or canola oil are good alternatives to fry the doughnuts.
3. How long do the doughnuts stay fresh?
Cream-filled doughnuts are best enjoyed fresh on the day they are made.
4. Can I use a different filling instead of whipped cream?
Yes, you can use other fillings like custard or jelly if you prefer.
5. Can I freeze the doughnuts?
It is not recommended to freeze cream-filled doughnuts, as the texture may change.
6. Can I bake the doughnuts instead of frying?
Yes, you can bake the doughnuts at 375°F (190°C) for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
7. Can I glaze the doughnuts?
Yes, you can glaze the doughnuts with a simple powdered sugar and milk mixture if desired.
8. Can I substitute the eggs in this recipe?
You can try using a vegan egg substitute or applesauce as a replacement for eggs.
9. How many doughnuts does this recipe make?
This recipe yields approximately 12 doughnuts.
10. Can I make the dough ahead of time and fry it later?
It is best to fry the doughnuts immediately after preparing the dough for the best results.
11. How should I store leftover doughnuts?
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.