Are you craving the deliciousness of Red Lobster’s Crab Stuffed Shrimp Rangoon but don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home? Look no further! We have the perfect copycat recipe that will have you enjoying this delectable dish in no time.
– 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/4 cup cooked and chopped crabmeat
– 2 green onions, chopped
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 12 wonton wrappers
– Vegetable oil for frying
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, crabmeat, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
3. Lay out the wonton wrappers and place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and fold in half to create a triangle. Press the edges to seal.
4. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry the stuffed wontons for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer the fried wontons to the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the stuffed wontons in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and the cheese is melted.
6. Serve the Crab Stuffed Shrimp Rangoon hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as sweet chili sauce or soy sauce.
1. Can I use frozen shrimp?
Yes, just make sure to thaw them completely before using.
2. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Feel free to experiment with different cheeses, but keep in mind that it may alter the taste slightly.
3. Can I bake the stuffed wontons instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake them at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the stuffed wontons ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to fry or bake.
5. Can I freeze the stuffed wontons?
Yes, you can freeze them before frying or baking. Just thaw them completely before cooking.
6. Can I use imitation crabmeat?
Yes, you can substitute real crabmeat with imitation crabmeat if desired.
7. Can I add additional spices or seasonings?
Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your taste preferences.
8. Can I use a different type of wrapper?
Yes, you can use egg roll wrappers instead of wonton wrappers for a larger size.
9. Can I air fry the stuffed wontons?
Yes, you can air fry them at 375°F for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Can I substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt?
Yes, you can use Greek yogurt as a healthier alternative to mayonnaise.
11. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free wonton wrappers and double-check that all other ingredients are gluten-free.