Best Easy Reds Maine Lobster Roll Recipe
Lobster rolls are a classic New England dish that perfectly embodies the taste of the ocean. One of the most popular variations is the Reds Maine Lobster Roll, known for its simplicity and deliciousness. If you’re craving a taste of the sea, here’s a recipe for the best easy Reds Maine Lobster Roll.
– 1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat, chopped
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 4 New England-style hot dog buns
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. In a bowl, combine the chopped lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Brush the insides of the hot dog buns with melted butter.
3. Place the buns, buttered side down, onto the heated griddle. Toast them until they are golden brown and crispy.
4. Fill the toasted buns with the lobster mixture, dividing it equally among the buns.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy the flavorful Reds Maine Lobster Rolls.
FAQs about Reds Maine Lobster Roll:
1. What kind of lobster meat should I use?
For the best taste, fresh cooked Maine lobster meat is recommended. You can purchase it from a local seafood market or cook it yourself.
2. Can I use frozen lobster meat?
Yes, you can use frozen lobster meat if fresh is not available. Thaw it completely before using it in the recipe.
3. Can I substitute mayonnaise with something else?
If you prefer a lighter option, you can use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
4. What is the best type of bun to use?
New England-style hot dog buns are traditionally used for lobster rolls. However, you can also use other soft, split-top buns.
5. Can I add other ingredients to the lobster mixture?
Yes, you can customize the recipe to your liking. Some popular additions include diced onions, Dijon mustard, or Old Bay seasoning.
6. How long can I store the lobster roll mixture?
The lobster mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
7. Can I use other types of lobster in this recipe?
While Maine lobster is the most traditional and flavorful choice, you can use other types of lobster if desired.
8. Can I grill the buns instead of toasting them?
Yes, grilling the buns can add a smoky flavor and enhance the overall taste. Brush them with butter and grill until lightly charred.
9. Can I use lobster tails instead of whole lobsters?
Lobster tails can be used if you prefer, but the flavor of the whole lobster adds an extra richness to the dish.
10. Are Reds Maine Lobster Rolls gluten-free?
The lobster filling is gluten-free, but you will need to use gluten-free buns or bread to make the rolls completely gluten-free.
11. Can I add extra seasonings or spices to the lobster mixture?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with additional seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, or hot sauce to add a kick to your lobster rolls.
Enjoy this easy Reds Maine Lobster Roll recipe and savor the flavors of the sea in each delectable bite!