Best Easy Roasted Mushroom Soup Recipe From Macaroni Grill
If you are a fan of hearty and flavorful soups, then you must try the best easy roasted mushroom soup recipe from Macaroni Grill. This recipe combines the earthy flavors of roasted mushrooms with aromatic herbs and spices to create a rich and comforting soup that will warm your soul.
– 1 lb mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and button mushrooms), sliced
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the sliced mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast the mushrooms in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and slightly crispy.
2. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
3. Add the roasted mushrooms to the pot and stir well to combine. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir to coat. Cook for about 2 minutes, allowing the flour to cook and thicken the soup.
4. Slowly pour in the vegetable broth, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
5. Stir in the heavy cream and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
6. Remove the pot from heat. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
7. Return the soup to the pot and heat over low heat until warmed through. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use different types of mushrooms?
Yes, you can use any combination of mushrooms you prefer.
2. Can I use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth?
Yes, you can substitute chicken broth if you prefer a richer flavor.
3. Can I make this soup ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the soup a day in advance and reheat it before serving.
4. Can I freeze the leftover soup?
Yes, you can freeze the soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
5. Can I use milk instead of heavy cream?
Yes, you can use milk for a lighter version of the soup.
6. Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
Yes, you can add other vegetables like carrots or celery for added texture and flavor.
7. Can I make this soup vegan?
Yes, you can substitute the butter and heavy cream with plant-based alternatives.
8. Can I add spices like rosemary or thyme?
Yes, you can add additional herbs and spices according to your taste preferences.
9. Can I use fresh mushrooms instead of roasted?
Yes, you can use fresh mushrooms, but the roasting process adds depth to the flavor.
10. Can I serve this soup as a main course?
Yes, you can serve this soup as a main dish with a side of crusty bread or a salad.
11. Can I garnish the soup with other herbs?
Yes, you can use other herbs like chives or dill for garnishing.