Rosa Bianca eggplant is a unique variety that stands out among other eggplants due to its stunning appearance and delicate flavor. This Italian heirloom eggplant is known for its creamy white and purple skin with streaks of pink, making it a beautiful addition to any dish. If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to incorporate this gorgeous vegetable into your cooking, look no further. Here is the best easy Rosa Bianca eggplant recipe that you must try!
– 2 Rosa Bianca eggplants
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
– Fresh basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Slice the Rosa Bianca eggplants into ½-inch thick rounds.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
4. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the olive oil mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggplant slices are tender and golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the eggplant slices.
7. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
This easy Rosa Bianca eggplant recipe is a delicious way to enjoy the unique flavors of this beautiful vegetable. The creamy texture of the eggplant pairs perfectly with the aromatic garlic and oregano, while the Parmesan cheese adds a savory note to the dish. Serve it as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course with a side of crusty bread or pasta.
1. Where can I buy Rosa Bianca eggplants?
Rosa Bianca eggplants can be found at specialty grocery stores or farmer’s markets.
2. Can I substitute another variety of eggplant?
Yes, you can use any other variety of eggplant for this recipe, but the cooking time may vary.
3. Can I grill the eggplant instead of baking it?
Yes, grilling the eggplant will give it a smoky flavor. Brush the slices with olive oil and grill until tender.
4. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked eggplant slices for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
5. Can I use dried basil instead of fresh basil for garnish?
Yes, dried basil can be used, but fresh basil adds a brighter flavor.
6. Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Yes, you can add sliced tomatoes or zucchini for a flavorful twist.
7. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use mozzarella or feta cheese instead of Parmesan.
8. Can I use fresh oregano instead of dried oregano?
Yes, fresh oregano can be used, but use double the amount.
9. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, omit the Parmesan cheese or use a vegan cheese alternative.
10. Can I use garlic powder instead of minced garlic?
Yes, garlic powder can be used, but fresh garlic will give a stronger flavor.
11. Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use vegetable or avocado oil instead of olive oil.