Best Easy Sausage and Potato Frittata Recipe
Frittatas are a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. This recipe for a sausage and potato frittata is not only easy to make but also packed with flavors that will leave you craving for more.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 4 sausages, casings removed and crumbled
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 8 large eggs
– 1/4 cup milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the crumbled sausage and cook until browned.
3. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet, cooking until the onion is translucent.
4. Add the diced potatoes and cook until they are tender and slightly browned.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and potato mixture in the skillet. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
7. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the frittata is set and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
FAQs about Sausage and Potato Frittata:
1. Can I use any type of sausage for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of sausage you prefer or have on hand.
2. Can I substitute the cheddar cheese with another type of cheese?
Certainly! Feel free to experiment with different cheeses like mozzarella, Gruyere, or even goat cheese.
3. Can I make this frittata ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the frittata ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve.
4. Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! You can add vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach to enhance the flavor and nutrition.
5. Can I use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes?
Yes, you can substitute sweet potatoes for regular potatoes for a slightly sweeter flavor.
6. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place in an airtight container.
7. Can I use egg whites instead of whole eggs?
Yes, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs if you prefer a lighter option.
8. Can I make this recipe without cheese?
Of course! You can omit the cheese altogether or use a dairy-free substitute if desired.
9. Can I use pre-cooked sausages?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked sausages, but they may lack the same depth of flavor as fresh sausages.
10. Can I make this recipe in a different pan if I don’t have an oven-safe skillet?
Yes, you can transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish if needed.
11. Can I serve this frittata cold?
While it’s best served hot, you can also enjoy it cold as a snack or in a packed lunch.
In conclusion, this easy sausage and potato frittata recipe is a crowd-pleaser that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. With simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, you can whip up this flavorful dish in no time. So, go ahead and give it a try!