Best Easy Seafood Dynamite Japanese Recipe
Seafood dynamite is a popular dish in Japanese cuisine that combines an array of fresh seafood with a creamy, spicy sauce. This mouth-watering dish is not only visually appealing but also incredibly delicious. If you’re a seafood lover, this recipe is a must-try!
– 1 lb mixed seafood (shrimp, scallops, crab, and/or squid)
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– Green onions, sliced (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make the dynamite sauce.
2. If using shrimp, peel and devein them. Cut the seafood into bite-sized pieces if necessary. Add the seafood to the dynamite sauce and stir until all the pieces are coated.
3. Transfer the seafood mixture to a baking dish or individual ramekins. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot.
1. Can I use frozen seafood for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen seafood. Just make sure to thaw it properly before using.
2. Can I use a different type of sauce?
You can experiment with different sauces, but the combination of mayonnaise, sriracha, and soy sauce gives the dish its signature flavor.
3. Can I add vegetables to the dynamite?
Absolutely! Feel free to add thinly sliced bell peppers, carrots, or any other vegetables you like.
4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While it’s best served fresh out of the oven, you can prepare the seafood mixture in advance and bake it when ready to serve.
5. Can I use imitation crab meat?
Yes, you can use imitation crab meat if you prefer.
6. Is this dish spicy?
The level of spiciness can be adjusted by adding more or less sriracha sauce.
7. Can I use other types of cheese?
While Parmesan cheese adds a nice flavor, you can substitute it with cheddar or mozzarella if desired.
8. Can I broil instead of bake?
Yes, you can broil the dish for a few minutes at the end to achieve a golden, crispy top.
9. Can I use other seafood like lobster or mussels?
Absolutely! Feel free to use any seafood you enjoy.
10. Can I freeze the leftovers?
The dish is best enjoyed fresh, so it’s not recommended to freeze the leftovers.
11. Can I serve this dish with rice?
Yes, seafood dynamite pairs well with steamed rice as a side dish.