Best Easy Spanish Beef Soup Recipe
If you’re craving a hearty and flavorful soup that will transport you straight to Spain, look no further than this simple and delicious Spanish beef soup recipe. Packed with tender beef, vegetables, and a blend of aromatic spices, this soup is sure to become a family favorite.
– 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 4 cups beef broth
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the beef stew meat. Cook until browned on all sides, then remove from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the diced onion, carrots, potatoes, garlic, and red bell pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
3. Return the beef stew meat to the pot and add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, paprika, cumin, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
4. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour, or until the beef is tender and the flavors have melded together.
5. Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can use chicken or pork instead of beef if you prefer.
2. Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Simply brown the beef and sauté the vegetables before transferring everything to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, this soup freezes well. Allow it to cool completely before transferring to freezer-safe containers.
4. Can I add other vegetables?
Feel free to add your favorite vegetables such as zucchini or green beans.
5. Can I make this soup vegetarian?
Yes, simply omit the beef and use vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
6. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes. Just make sure to peel and dice them before adding to the soup.
7. How can I make the soup spicier?
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce to amp up the heat.
8. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?
Yes, you can substitute dried herbs for fresh. Use about 1/3 of the amount specified in the recipe.
9. Can I add pasta or rice to the soup?
Certainly! Add cooked pasta or rice to the soup during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
10. How long will this soup keep in the refrigerator?
This soup will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
11. Can I make this soup in advance?
Yes, this soup actually tastes even better the next day as the flavors have a chance to meld together.