Best Easy Split Chicken Breast Recipe Instant Pot
If you’re a fan of quick and delicious chicken recipes, then this easy split chicken breast recipe made in the Instant Pot is a must-try! With minimal prep time and a hands-off cooking process, you’ll have tender and flavorful chicken breasts ready to be enjoyed in no time.
– 2 split chicken breasts
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup chicken broth
1. Start by seasoning the chicken breasts with garlic powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Rub the spices all over the chicken to ensure even flavor distribution.
2. Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” mode and heat the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken breasts and sear them for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
3. Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot and give it a quick stir to combine with the spices. This will add moisture and enhance the flavor of the chicken.
4. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure valve to “Sealing” position. Cook the chicken on high pressure for 10 minutes.
5. Once the cooking time is complete, allow for a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then carefully do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
6. Open the Instant Pot lid and transfer the chicken breasts to a serving plate. Let them rest for a couple of minutes before slicing or serving.
1. Can I use boneless chicken breasts instead of split chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. Adjust the cooking time to 8 minutes on high pressure.
2. Can I use chicken stock instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can use chicken stock as a substitute for chicken broth.
3. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! You can add vegetables like carrots, potatoes, or green beans to the Instant Pot along with the chicken.
4. Can I use frozen chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts, but increase the cooking time to 12 minutes on high pressure.
5. Can I use other spices for seasoning?
Feel free to experiment with different spices and herbs to suit your taste preferences.
6. Can I use bone-in chicken breasts?
Yes, bone-in chicken breasts will work well in this recipe. Increase the cooking time to 12 minutes on high pressure.
7. Can I double this recipe?
Yes, you can double the recipe. However, make sure not to exceed the maximum fill line of the Instant Pot.
8. Can I use water instead of chicken broth?
Using chicken broth adds more flavor, but water can be used as a substitute.
9. Can I use skin-on chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use skin-on chicken breasts. The skin will turn out crispy during the searing process.
10. Can I use this recipe for other cuts of chicken?
This recipe works best with chicken breasts, but you can adapt it for other cuts by adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
11. Can I refrigerate the leftovers?
Yes, you can refrigerate the leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It can be enjoyed cold or reheated before serving.