Best Easy Stamberg Cranberry Relish Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious and unique addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, look no further than the Stamberg cranberry relish. This vibrant and flavorful relish is made with cranberries, horseradish, sour cream, and sugar, resulting in a tangy and slightly spicy accompaniment to your holiday meal. The following recipe is incredibly easy to make and will surely impress your guests.
– 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
– 1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a food processor, pulse the cranberries until finely chopped.
2. Transfer the chopped cranberries to a bowl and add the sugar.
3. Mix well and let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve.
4. Add the horseradish and sour cream to the cranberry mixture.
5. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 24 hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
7. Serve chilled as a side dish or condiment with your holiday meal.
1. Can I use dried cranberries instead of fresh or frozen ones?
Fresh or frozen cranberries are recommended for this recipe as they provide a tart flavor that complements the other ingredients. Dried cranberries may alter the taste and texture of the relish.
2. How long will this relish last in the refrigerator?
This cranberry relish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
3. Can I adjust the amount of horseradish to make it less spicy?
Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the amount of horseradish according to your taste preferences. Start with a smaller amount and gradually increase it if desired.
4. Can I substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream?
Yes, Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute for sour cream in this recipe. It will provide a slightly tangier flavor.
5. Can I make this relish ahead of time?
Yes, this relish is best when made at least 24 hours in advance to allow the flavors to develop.