Best Easy Strawberry Bavarian Cream Recipe by Julia Child
Julia Child, the renowned American chef and television personality, was known for her expertise in French cuisine. One of her delicious creations was the Easy Strawberry Bavarian Cream. This dessert is a perfect combination of creamy and fruity flavors that will leave you craving for more. Here is a step-by-step guide to making this delightful dessert.
– 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons gelatin
– 1 ½ cups heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until the strawberries are soft and syrupy. Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup of cold water. Let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens.
3. Add the gelatin mixture to the strawberry mixture and stir until well combined.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
5. Gently fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture until fully incorporated.
6. Pour the mixture into individual ramekins or a large serving dish.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
8. Serve chilled and garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.
1. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries, but make sure to thaw and drain them before using.
2. Can I substitute gelatin with agar-agar for a vegetarian version?
Yes, you can replace gelatin with agar-agar following the instructions on the package.
3. Can I use whipped topping instead of whipped cream?
While it is possible, using whipped cream will yield a much better texture and flavor.
4. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
5. Can I use other fruits instead of strawberries?
Yes, you can experiment with different fruits like raspberries or peaches.
6. Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer?
Yes, a hand mixer will work just fine for whipping the cream.
7. Can I use low-fat cream instead of heavy cream?
Using heavy cream will result in a creamier texture, but you can use low-fat cream if you prefer.
8. Can I freeze the Bavarian cream?
It is not recommended to freeze Bavarian cream as it may affect the texture.
9. Can I use a sugar substitute?
Yes, you can use a sugar substitute, but the taste and texture may vary.
10. Can I add alcohol to the recipe?
Yes, you can add a splash of liqueur like Grand Marnier or Amaretto for added flavor.
11. Can I decorate the dessert with chocolate shavings?
Certainly! Chocolate shavings make a great garnish and add a touch of elegance to the dessert.