Best Easy Stuffed Banana Peppers With Prosciutto and Provolone Recipe
Stuffed banana peppers are a delicious and versatile appetizer that can be enjoyed on any occasion. This recipe takes it up a notch by adding the savory flavors of prosciutto and provolone cheese. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can create a mouthwatering dish that will impress your family and friends.
– 12 banana peppers
– 6 slices of prosciutto
– 6 slices of provolone cheese
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Olive oil for drizzling
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing it with olive oil.
2. Cut off the tops of the banana peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse them under cold water and pat dry.
3. Lay a slice of prosciutto and provolone cheese inside each pepper.
4. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
5. Stuff each pepper with the bread crumb mixture, pressing it down gently.
6. Place the stuffed peppers in the prepared baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
1. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can experiment with different cheeses like mozzarella or cheddar to suit your taste.
2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the stuffed peppers in advance and refrigerate them until ready to bake.
3. Can I freeze the stuffed peppers?
Yes, you can freeze them before baking. Just thaw and bake when you’re ready to enjoy.
4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Certainly! You can omit the prosciutto and add more vegetables or a vegetarian protein alternative.
5. Can I use spicy peppers?
Absolutely! If you prefer a bit of heat, you can substitute banana peppers with jalapeños or other spicy peppers.
6. Can I grill the stuffed peppers instead of baking them?
Yes, grilling the peppers will give them a smoky flavor. Just make sure to cook them on indirect heat to prevent burning.
7. How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
8. Can I serve these peppers as a main dish?
While they are typically served as an appetizer, you can enjoy them as a main dish with a side salad or some pasta.
9. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?
Yes, you can substitute dried parsley and garlic powder for fresh herbs if needed.
10. Can I add other ingredients to the stuffing?
Absolutely! You can add ingredients like chopped olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or cooked sausage to the stuffing mix.
11. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can omit the cheese and prosciutto and use vegan alternatives to create a delicious vegan stuffed pepper dish.