If you’re a fan of stuffed peppers but not a fan of tomato sauce, we’ve got you covered with this delicious and easy recipe. These stuffed peppers are filled with a flavorful mixture of ground beef, rice, and spices, and are topped with melted cheese for a satisfying and comforting meal. Plus, we’ve included 11 frequently asked questions about this recipe, so you’ll have all the information you need to make these tasty stuffed peppers!
– 4 bell peppers (any color)
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 cup cooked rice
– 1 small onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain excess fat if necessary.
3. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the ground beef. Sauté until the onion is softened.
4. Stir in the cooked rice, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
5. Fill each bell pepper with the ground beef mixture, packing it tightly.
6. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the tops of the peppers.
8. Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove from the oven and let the stuffed peppers cool for a few minutes before serving.
1. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian meat substitutes.
2. Can I use a different type of rice?
Absolutely! Feel free to use brown rice, quinoa, or any other grain you prefer.
3. Can I use different spices?
Certainly! Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the stuffed peppers ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to bake.
5. How long do leftovers last?
Leftover stuffed peppers can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
6. Can I freeze stuffed peppers?
Yes, you can freeze them. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in freezer-safe containers or bags.
7. Can I use different types of cheese?
Absolutely! Use your favorite cheese or a combination of cheeses for the topping.
8. Can I add vegetables to the filling?
Yes, feel free to add diced carrots, zucchini, or any other veggies you like to the filling mixture.
9. Can I make this recipe spicy?
Certainly! Add some chili flakes or hot sauce to the filling to give it a kick.
10. Can I use a different type of pepper?
Sure! You can use poblano peppers, Anaheim peppers, or any other type of large pepper.
11. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, you can omit the ground beef and use a meat substitute or extra vegetables for a vegetarian version.
Enjoy these delicious and easy stuffed peppers that are bursting with flavor and perfect for any meal. Whether you’re serving them for a family dinner or making them ahead for meal prep, this no tomato sauce recipe is sure to become a favorite!