Best Easy Super Slice Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread has always been a beloved classic, and this easy super slice banana bread recipe takes it to a whole new level. With its moist and tender texture, it is sure to become a family favorite. Plus, it’s a great way to use up those overripe bananas that are sitting on your kitchen counter. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make this delicious treat!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 4 ripe bananas, mashed
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chopped walnuts, if desired.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for a healthier version of this banana bread.
2. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Yes, you can use margarine as a substitute, but the flavor may slightly differ.
3. Can I freeze this banana bread?
Absolutely! Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to three months.
4. Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips for an extra decadent touch.
5. Can I replace the walnuts with pecans?
Yes, you can use pecans instead of walnuts or omit them altogether if you prefer.
6. Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can substitute almond milk without affecting the texture or taste.
7. Can I use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar?
Yes, brown sugar will add a richer flavor to the banana bread.
8. How long will this banana bread stay fresh?
Properly stored, it will stay fresh for up to five days.
9. Can I add cinnamon to the recipe?
Absolutely! Adding a teaspoon of cinnamon will enhance the flavor.
10. Can I make muffins instead of a loaf?
Yes, simply divide the batter among a muffin tin and adjust the baking time accordingly.
11. Can I add a cream cheese frosting on top?
Yes, a cream cheese frosting would complement the banana bread wonderfully.