Best Easy Swedish Rice Pudding Recipe Baked
Rice pudding is a classic comfort dessert that can be enjoyed hot or cold. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious rice pudding recipe with a Swedish twist, then this recipe is perfect for you. Baked to perfection, this Swedish rice pudding is creamy, sweet, and has a hint of vanilla that will leave you craving for more.
– 1 cup of short-grain rice
– 4 cups of milk
– 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 cup of raisins (optional)
– Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. In a large oven-safe pot, combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
3. Stir the mixture well to ensure that the sugar is dissolved.
4. If you prefer raisins in your rice pudding, stir them in at this point.
5. Place the pot in the preheated oven and bake for about 2 hours, or until the rice is tender and the pudding has thickened. Stir occasionally during the baking process to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
6. Once the rice pudding reaches your desired consistency, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the top of the rice pudding for added flavor and a beautiful presentation.
8. Serve the Swedish rice pudding warm or chilled, depending on your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use long-grain rice instead of short-grain rice?
Yes, you can use long-grain rice, but keep in mind that the texture may be slightly different.
2. Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can substitute regular milk with almond milk if you prefer a dairy-free option.
3. Can I use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar?
Yes, you can use brown sugar for a slightly different flavor profile.
4. Can I omit the raisins?
Yes, the raisins are optional, and the rice pudding will still taste delicious without them.
5. How long can I store the rice pudding?
The rice pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
6. Can I reheat the rice pudding?
Yes, you can reheat the rice pudding in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a little milk to loosen it up if needed.
7. Can I freeze the rice pudding?
Yes, you can freeze the rice pudding in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.
8. Can I add other flavors to the rice pudding?
Certainly! You can experiment with adding flavors like cardamom, almond extract, or even a touch of lemon zest for variation.
9. Can I use a slow cooker instead of baking?
Yes, you can cook the rice pudding in a slow cooker on low heat for about 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
10. Can I use jasmine rice instead of short-grain rice?
While jasmine rice can be used, the texture will be slightly different from traditional Swedish rice pudding.
11. Can I use reduced-fat milk?
Yes, you can use reduced-fat milk, but keep in mind that the pudding may not be as creamy as using whole milk.