Best Easy Sweet and Salty Corn Chips Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious snack that satisfies both your sweet and salty cravings, look no further than homemade sweet and salty corn chips. These addictive chips are incredibly easy to make and will leave you reaching for more.
– 2 cups of cornmeal
– 1 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
– 1/4 cup of water
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well to ensure all the dry ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Slowly pour in the melted butter and water. Stir until a dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into two equal parts. Roll out one portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 1/4-inch thick.
5. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into desired chip shapes. Place the chips onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a small gap between each chip.
6. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
7. Bake the chips in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
8. Remove the chips from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. They will become crispier as they cool.
9. Once completely cooled, store the sweet and salty corn chips in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in this recipe.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, but be mindful that the chips may turn out slightly saltier.
3. Can I add other spices to the dough?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with other spices like paprika, garlic powder, or even chili powder for an added kick.
4. Can I make these chips gluten-free?
Yes, simply replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
5. Can I use a store-bought cornmeal mix instead of cornmeal?
While it’s not recommended, you can try using a cornmeal mix, but the results may vary.
6. How long do these chips stay fresh?
Stored in an airtight container, these chips can stay fresh for up to a week.
7. Can I freeze these chips?
Yes, you can freeze these chips for up to three months. Just make sure to thaw them before enjoying.
8. Can I add toppings to the chips before baking?
Yes, you can sprinkle some sugar or cinnamon on top of the chips before baking for an extra touch of sweetness.
9. Can I use olive oil instead of butter?
While butter provides a rich flavor, you can use olive oil as a substitute for a healthier option.
10. Can I double or halve this recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or halve the ingredients to adjust the serving size.
11. Can I serve these chips with dip?
Absolutely! These sweet and salty corn chips pair perfectly with dips like salsa, guacamole, or even a sweet cream cheese dip.
Enjoy this simple and delicious recipe for homemade sweet and salty corn chips. Whether you’re snacking alone or serving them at parties, these chips are sure to be a hit!